My Top 5 Favorite FREE Guided Meditations for Beginners
When I tell people I meditate the most common response I get is, “I tried, I can’t do it.” Followed by questions such as, “How do I turn my mind off? I can’t just close my eyes and stop thinking about work, kids, shopping lists, packing for vacation, why that a-hole cut me off while driving.” I also hear a lot of “I don’t have time.”
*Trust me, you have time and when you make time, time will expand for you.*
I have been meditating for over 10 years, before I even really knew what meditating was, because what I was actually doing was visualizing so I could manifest more $$ into my life (aka THE SECRET). I understand the difficulties of “turning off your mind” also referred to as “Monkey Mind.” My best advice is to let the thoughts come in, recognize them, and then move on. Eventually the thoughts will be less frequent and you will reach a deep stillness that feels fantastic. I have since fine-tuned my practice and it is the most important part of my day. It keeps me centered, relaxed, and in tune with my intuition.
The best way to start a meditation practice is through guided meditation’s. Here are some of the bomb diggity teachers that I love:
- (I love all things Gabby), she has a playlist with 5 minute meditations on You Tube. If you like her vibe, she also has meditation albums on itunes.
- Rochelle has a company called Mindspo that offers a 4 week meditation program for beginners. Try out her free 5 minute meditation here.
- Deepaks voice is on another level calming and his meditations are rooted in Ayurveda. He also partners with Oprah on free 21 day meditation challenges, I would 100% sign up for notifications for these challenges because they are life changing.
- Check out a free 16 minute meditation on you tube here.
- Calm is a company that offers free meditations with beautiful background music. You can also put the ap on your phone for on-the-go meditating
- Tom Cronin started a meditation movement called the Stillness Project where he offers worldwide meditations to shift the worlds energy from fear to love.
Easy Supplement Guide- care/of
I am a sucker for expensive face creams and medicinal plants, super foods, and herbs. I take a lot of supplements and I would take even more if I could afford to buy more, no joke. Well I have a treat for you today! I stumbled upon this company 2 months ago called care/of. Basically they ask you a series of questions and then match up which supplements will benefit your health the most.
Here’s why this company is awesome and everybody should do it:
1. They travel the world to find high quality, sustainable, natural ingredients. For instance their Fish Oil is made from Wild Alaskan Salmon harvested from the North Pacific and naturally free of pollutants and heavy metals.
2. They use clean production methods.
3. They make it easy! Each supplement is divided into daily individual packs so you don’t have to carry around a baggie of pills (Lisa Rinna…anyone?).
4. THE BEST REASON! High quality supplements are expensive, and these are extremely affordable. They bypasis the brick-and-mortar and retail mark-ups passing on a savings of 20% less. I pay a month for 7 different supplements. It’s honestly such a deal for the quality.
Check out an example of my pack: